Kazungu is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. He served his pupilage under the firm of Muthaura Mugambi Ayugi & Njonjo Advocates and has previously worked at Ashitiva & Company Advocates where he was the senior advocate in charge of its Corporate Commercial litigation. He is an astute, intelligent and industrious Advocate experienced in corporate Commercial and civil litigation, Conveyancing and intellectual property matters. He is also an accredited mediator with Chartered Institute of Mediators.
“Experienced Attorneys Aggressive Representation.”
Academic and professional qualifications
- Postgraduate Diploma- Kenya School of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)- Moi University
Membership in professional bodies
- Member, Law Society of Kenya
- Member, East African Law Society
- Member, International Commission of Jurists (K)
Some key matters handled
- Successfully arbitrated for National Oil Corporation, a local oil company in a claim for Kshs. 50 million where a transporting company, Futureway Limited, had sued the oil company allegedly illegal termination of a contract terminating the contract.
- Successfully represented Total Uganda Limited, international oil corporation in a Kshs. 100 million oil distribution dispute against Linksoft Kenya Limited, a local company for enforcement of a foreign judgment.
- Acted for East Africa Educational Publishers, the largest publisher in east and central region in an insolvency petition for a tune of Kshs. 20 million.
- Was a legal assistant when we successfully represented Kenya Human Rights Commission, a civil society in challenging the constitutionality of the then Constituency Development Fund Act.
- Represented Victoria Courts, a local furniture importation company in an arbitration proceedings valued at Kshs. 250 Million and successfully made an application to set aside the arbitral award that was awarded to Zadok Furniture’s Limited.
- Successfully represented Comboni Resident Association, a resident association in a petition challenging the Nairobi County Government’s decision to stop construction of a commercial building within a residential area.
- Acted as an assisting counsel in representing 312 Kenya Airways employees in arbitration against EPCO Builders Limited for Pride Park Apartments, a dispute over development worth Kshs. 1.5 Billion. The complex development structure includes approximately 312 built up units. My role include drafting of pleadings within the timeline set by court, doing the legal research on behalf of the Dispute Resolution Partner, and updating clients on what transpired during the proceedings.
- Successfully represented Startimes Media (K) Ltd in liquidation proceedings for the successful recovery of Kshs. 25,000,000 from Uchumi Supermarkets Limited. Startimes Media (K) Limited was enjoined as a creditor in the liquidation proceedings and my role was to sit in the creditors’ meeting and ensure that the interests of Startimes Media (K) Limited were fully protected. I successfully recorded consent for the payment of the full amount due to Startimes Media Limited.
- Acted for Umati Capital Kenya Limited in liquidation proceedings for the successful recovery of Kshs. 68,000,000 from Eldoville Dairies Limited. I initiated liquidation and arbitration proceedings for Umati Capital Kenya Limited against Eldoville and brokered consent in favour of Umati Capital that saw Umati Capital Kenya Limited recover the entire amount owed to it by Eldoville, inclusive of interests and other incidental costs.
- Tax advisory services to Startimes Media (K) Ltd and National Oil Corporation.